Cold Roll Forming
Roll forming operations have long been a firmly established facet of ForMasters' business, and, as with other facets of our operations, ForMasters has embraced and implemented the innovative technologies available for roll forming a wide variety of shapes, from simple to complex.
Roll forming is often an option for producing parts when:
• Uniform shape over long pieces is required.
• Close tolerances over long pieces must be maintained.
• Strength must be added to function.
• Cosmetic appearance must be considered; roll forming produces parts free of die or press marks, thus reducing further processing, time, and expense.
• Economy of scale enters the picture: high speed production of large orders reduces the cost per part compared to other manufacturing processes.
Pre-Punched Roll Form Parts
ForMasters specializes in complete in-line processing. The material to be formed runs through a process wherein intricate cutouts or many holes with irregular patterns may be pre-punched with computerized accuracy. From there the material proceeds directly to the roll former, where, through a series of rolls, it is brought progressively to its final shape. The roll form shaped material is then cut off to precise lengths--again with computer accuracy--thus eliminating in many cases the need for secondary operations. In addition, pre-punching allows for cutouts that may be impossible to achieve after the shape has been formed.
ForMasters has been at the head of the industry in pre-punching roll formed parts and can thus offer expertise in this area unavailable elsewhere.
ForMasters Roll Forming Offers:
• Custom shapes
Secondary Operations, Such As:
• Secondary bends
• Painting and powder coating
• Secondary punching