Roll Forming | Metal Fabrication
Roll forming operations have long been a firmly established facet of ForMasters' business, and, as with other facets of our operations, ForMasters has embraced innovative roll formed technologies and design and build for a wide variety of rollforming shapes, from simple to complex.
Roll forming is often an option for producing parts when:
• Uniform shape over long pieces, a roll former is required.
• Close tolerances over long pieces must be maintained.
• Strength must be added to function.
• Cosmetic appearance is taken into account when roll forming steel and other metals.
• Roll forming produces parts free of the die or press marks, thus reducing further processing, time, and expense.
• High-speed production using rollforming for large orders reduces the cost per part compared to other processes.
Pre-Punched Roll Form Parts
ForMasters specializes in complete in-line processing. The material to be formed runs through a process wherein intricate cutouts or many holes with irregular patterns may be pre-punched with computerized accuracy. From there the material proceeds directly to the roll former, where, through a series of rolls, it is brought progressively to its final shape. The roll form shaped material is then cut off to precise lengths--again with computer accuracy--thus eliminating in many cases the need for secondary operations. In addition, pre-punching allows for cutouts that may be impossible to achieve after the shape has been formed.
ForMasters has been at the head of the industry in pre-punching roll formed parts and can thus offer expertise in this area unavailable elsewhere.
ForMasters Roll Forming Offers:
• Custom shapes
Secondary Operations, Such As:
• Secondary bends
• Painting and powder coating
• Secondary punching